While Invisalign is an effective way for most adults and teens to straighten their teeth without wearing braces, it's not ideal for patients with complicated bite issues. It's also not an ideal treatment for children or patients who find it hard to comply with wearing their aligners for at least 22 hours per day. Compliance with wearing aligners as much as possible is the key to successful and timely treatment with Invisalign.
How Invisalign in Aston, PA, Works
Dr. Seger is a certified Invisalign provider who can determine if the treatment is right for you during an evaluation. He'll gather information through x-rays, photos, and a thorough exam of your smile. Invisalign is ideal for these situations:
- Crooked or overlapped teeth
- Rotated teeth
- Gaps and spacing between teeth
If you move forward with Invisalign, Dr. Seger will use 3-D imaging to create your treatment plan and may even be able to show you what your finished smile will look like. Then, Invisalign uses that plan to make plastic, BPA-free aligners for you to wear in two to three-week periods. Then, you'll be able to change your aligners at home when it's time. You'll have periodic check-in appointments with Dr. Seger every few weeks, and most patients finish their treatment with invisible braces in 12 to 18 months.
Dr. Seger will have other treatment options for you if it's determined that Invisalign doesn't suit your needs.
The Invisalign Advantage
Some of the benefits patients love most about Invisalign in Aston are:
- Discretion - No one will notice you wearing clear aligners as your teeth move into alignment.
- Efficiency - Invisalign doesn't take any longer than traditional braces to straighten your teeth.
- Ease - You'll be able to brush and floss normally because you can remove your aligners.
- No restrictions - You can eat all the foods you love during treatment because aligners are removable.
If you want more information and are looking for an "Invisalign dentist near me" in the Aston, PA, area, please get in touch with us at (610) 494-0404 to schedule an evaluation with Dr. Seger.