Composite Fillings in Aston, PA
Your dental health is our priority, and restoring decayed and damaged teeth to a healthy state is what we do. But close attention to aesthetics makes the difference between a repair that’s purely functional and one that also improves the appearance of your smile.
Dr. Daniel R. Seger is passionate about designing smiles that aren’t just healthy but also look great. Today, we have access to state-of-the-art materials that help you achieve a beautiful smile without significant investment on your part. One cost-effective option for creating beautiful repairs and correcting minor flaws is tooth-colored fillings also referred to as dental composites.
In the past, dentists used silver amalgam fillings because they created a strong and durable repair. While silver fillings are still a good choice in certain cases, many patients would rather not have a dark spot in their smile.
Benefits of Choosing Tooth-Colored Fillings in 19014
There are two primary benefits to choosing tooth-colored composite fillings:
- One of the reasons we like using composite fillings for aesthetic repairs is that we can closely match the shade of the filling to the color of your natural dental enamel. Dr. Seger carefully sculpts the material to match the contours of your tooth, creating a discreet repair that even you won't be able to detect.
- Our goal is to preserve the natural structure of your teeth for as long as possible. So unlike metal fillings that require us to remove a lot of your tooth, tooth-colored fillings are bonded directly to the remaining tooth structure. The advantage is that we can preserve the structure, and bonding the material directly to your tooth creates a strong, durable bond and a long-lasting repair.
A Cost-Effective Alternative
If you’ve been thinking that your cosmetic problem is going to require costly treatment to fix, we offer tooth-colored fillings as an affordable alternative. Since we can create beautiful, seamless restorations, we also use composite fillings for a process called dental bonding to corrects many aesthetic flaws.
- Create discreet fillings that blend seamlessly with your teeth
- Close gaps and uneven spaces between your teeth
- Fill in chips and build up broken teeth
- Refine the shape of irregular teeth
- Conceal severe staining and discoloration
What about Silver Amalgam Fillings?
We are an amalgam-free office.
In the past, dentists used silver amalgam fillings because they were the strongest material available at the time. While silver fillings are still a good choice in certain cases, many patients would rather not have a dark spot in their smile. Some patients may also have a concern about the mercury content of amalgam. Even though the majority of research concludes that amalgam is safe to use, we no longer offer amalgam fillings at the Dental Health Center.
A common question from patients regarding amalgam is if they should replace their existing amalgam fillings. Dr. Seger believes that existing amalgam fillings that are stable and show no signs of failure should be left in place. However, if older silver fillings are beginning to fail, Dr. Seger will recommend an appropriate replacement. Smaller fillings with little structural damage can usually be replaced with tooth-colored resin fillings. Larger failing fillings with significant structural damage often are better restored with a crown. Dr. Seger will help to determine what is best for you.
Call Us at (610) 494-0404 to Learn More
Today we have more options than ever before for restoring your oral health and helping you feel good about the appearance of your smile. If you have questions about tooth-colored fillings, please call our Aston dental office at (610) 494-0404 to arrange a convenient appointment to discuss your needs.